Living Local. Building Communities.


Report a Maintenance Issue

Please submit only one repair per form.

City West Housing operates 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday.

An afterhours urgent maintenance line operates outside these times. You should ONLY use afterhours callout if repairs are classified URGENT in accordance with your Residential Tenancy Agreement. After hours maintenance is very expensive and we need to advise you that if you use this service and the repair is not URGENT, you may be charged for the call out fee.

Please note, an Urgent Repair is:

  • a burst water service
  • an appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is wasted
  • a blocked or broken lavatory system
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises,
  • a failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering
  • any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure.

Timeframe for maintenance repairs

An assessment will be made on the level of priority to be given to any items requiring repairs. Problems posing a danger- are considered as Urgent Repairs. Other everyday problems are considered to be Normal repairs

Urgent repairs  24 hours
Normal repairs 7 days

Other maintenance items may need to be scheduled as part of a wider maintenance program therefore may be scheduled outside of these timeframes.

What you can do to assist us

  • Quote your name and address whenever making contact as this helps us speed up our service for you.
  • Advise us of any special issues we need to be aware of e.g. dogs, items that may pose danger to contractors, special access ways?
  • Remove any obstacles around the area that the maintenance needs to be performed (e.g. where you are able to, remove furniture that is obstructing access, remove your car from driveway if blocking access.)
  • Provide us with a Police Event Number if the damage has been caused by another party and reported to the Police.