Alteration Requests

In accordance with the Residential Tenancy Agreement (2010), residents must provide a request in writing to add a fixture or make any alteration or additions to their property. Please complete this request form for any alterations to the property and submit to City West Housing (CWH)

Residents are in breach of their Residential Tenancy Agreement if any alteration/additions have been carried out to the property without obtaining CWH’s written approval. CWH can apply to NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) for orders that the resident comply with their agreement and restore the property to the original condition at the costs of the resident.

If you need modifications to your unit because of a disability or illness you will need to be assessed by an Occupational Therapist or a medical specialist. The report from the Occupational Therapist will be looked at by the maintenance team who will decide what work needs to be done, which tradespeople need to do the work and how much they will cost.

Drop files here or
Max. file size: 10 MB, Max. files: 10.
    This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    Please send this additional information to us through:
    or mail to: PO Box 141, Pyrmont NSW 2009



    • You will not commence any work until written approval is received from CWH.
    • Any works will be carried out by CWH engaged or approved contractor.
    • The alterations/additions and their on-going maintenance will be at no cost to CWH.
    • You will inform CWH when the approved alterations or additions are completed.
    • You will remove the alterations/additions when vacating the property or compensate for any costs incurred in restoring the property to its condition prior.


    As a resident of City West Housing, you will automatically receive our CWH Connect digital newsletter.

    To make sure you can keep connected, take part in our community engagement programs and get news from CWH, our partners and your neighbours, please let us know if you have changed your email address by contacting


    Our office is open 8 am - 4 pm Monday to Friday.
    Please make an appointment if you wish to meet with your Housing Manager.