Our staff are City West Housing’s most important asset. We work together to make a real difference to people who are disadvantaged in the housing market.
City West Housing is a great place to work: it’s a fun, supportive culture with an approachable management team. We offer a range of employee benefits and will support your professional development.
We have a modern, spacious office located in Pyrmont close to buses, the light rail and a 10-minute walk from Darling Harbour. View our location.
Our team is growing as we source and secure more development and program opportunities. Learn more about any current positions available by clicking on the heading below.
City West Housing does not currently have any employment opportunities.
Check back again soon, or keep an eye on our LinkedIn page for future vacancies.
Read what our staff say about the rewards of working at CWH:
“Everybody working at City West Housing cares about our mission and is focused on taking the stress out of housing for our residents. Our housing helps real people live in the city close to services, amenities and employment opportunities.”
Elizabeth, Development Team
“I didn’t know about affordable housing until I came to work here but I grew up in public housing so I knew there was a real need. I love the culture here and I want to progress my career internally.”
Perry, OPERATIONS Team
“For me, the job satisfaction is far greater in the community sector than in the corporate world. Even though it can be very busy, the team is always supportive and uplifting and there is great camaraderie.”
Andrea, Operations Team
“I feel I work in a team and in a company that supports my growth. I have the flexibility to be creative, to make programs my own, to invest my passion in them, and to deliver great outcomes for our residents.”
Alanna, Communities & Operations Teams
“I feel like I’m valued here and asked to contribute to some very important projects which has helped to support my career development. Now that I have a young child, City West Housing gives me the flexibility I need to be a good mother as well as a good employee.”
Ramya, Finance Team
“What I love about working in this industry is being able to help someone find a more permanent home, which makes them feel safe. Working in a frontline role and having the opportunity to directly help people who are often at a very challenging time in their lives really makes me passionate about this work, which is something I’ve never really felt about other fields I’ve worked in.”
BETH, HOUSING SERVICES TEAM
City West Housing offers our staff a range of employee benefits and rewards including:
- Annual salary reviews
- All National Minimum Wage Order increases passed on
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,900 of pre-tax salary, significantly increasing your take home pay
- Additional superannuation salary sacrifice.
- Flexi time
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave
- 3 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- Additional day of leave between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual training budget and employer sponsored professional development
- Quarterly performance and development planning
- Project, secondment and higher duties opportunities
- AHI (Australasian Housing Institute) corporate membership.
- Confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program, Access EAP
- Flexible Work Policy to help you manage family responsibilities and other personal obligations
- Annual company-sponsored flu shots
- Weekly fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Dog friendly office
- Free individual GoGet membership with low usage rates.
- REDII points employee recognition rewards
- Employee of the Month Award
- Wellbeing Working Group
- Annual Team planning day
- Recognition and celebration of birthdays, anniversaries and other special events.
All CWH employee benefits and rewards come with associated policies and conditions.