Our staff are City West Housing’s most important asset. We work together to make a real difference to people who are disadvantaged in the housing market.
City West Housing is a great place to work: it’s a fun, supportive culture with an approachable management team. We offer a range of employee benefits and will support your professional development.
We have a modern, spacious office located in Pyrmont close to buses, the light rail and a 10-minute walk from Darling Harbour. View our location.
Our team is growing as we source and secure more development and program opportunities. Learn more about Current Positions Available by clicking below heading.
Aboriginal Liaison Officer
We are looking for an Aboriginal Liaison Officer
We are seeking an Aboriginal Liaison Officer (4 days a week) for a 12-month contract to improve social, cultural and economic outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents within our communities, through identifying and engaging with these communities, local networks and service providers and supporting the implementation of City West Housing’s Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
NOTE: This is a temporary position for 12 months with an opportunity for extension.
- You have experience working closely with First Nations community organisations and establishing meaningful partnerships
- You are results driven and comfortable working independently and
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills and understand how to build relationships that deliver value to all parties
- You are a persuasive communicator and comfortable presenting to executive level and large groups
- Provide cultural insight and build cultural awareness across the CWH team through actively engaging with colleagues and sharing knowledge.
- Identify and develop local partnerships to generate direct social, economic and cultural outcomes for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents.
- Design, develop and implement initiatives to support CWH’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents.
- Monitor and report on performance within areas of responsibility, including priority initiatives under CWH’s Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Work collaboratively across the business to ensure collaborative and sustainable approaches to engagement with CWH’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents to support increased, resident satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with organisational legal and statutory requirements along with best practice and general duty of care.
Application closing date: Monday 31st January 2022
How to apply
To find out more information see the Aboriginal Liaison Officer – Position Description and please contact René McKenzie-Low on E: email@example.com M: 0447 164 468 W: www.citywesthousing.org.au
To apply for the role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read what our staff say about the rewards of working at CWH:
“Everybody working at City West Housing cares about our mission and is focused on taking the stress out of housing for our residents. Our housing helps real people live in the city close to services, amenities and employment opportunities.”
Elizabeth, Development Team
“We’re a small organisation making big changes in people’s lives every day. Our office is a lovely open space in a great inner-city location that’s really accessible.”
Cosmina, Assets Team
“I didn’t know about affordable housing until I came to work here but I grew up in public housing so I knew there was a real need. I love the culture here and I want to progress my career internally.”
Perry, Housing Team
“For me, the job satisfaction is far greater in the community sector than in the corporate world. Even though it can be very busy, the team is always supportive and uplifting and there is great camaraderie.”
Andrea, Operations Team
“I feel I work in a team and in a company that supports my growth. I have the flexibility to be creative, to make programs my own, to invest my passion in them, and to deliver great outcomes for our residents.”
Alanna, Communities & Operations Teams
“I feel like I’m valued here and asked to contribute to some very important projects which has helped to support my career development. Now that I have a young child, City West Housing gives me the flexibility I need to be a good mother as well as a good employee.”
Ramya, Finance Team
City West Housing offers our staff a range of employee benefits and rewards including:
- Annual salary reviews
- All National Minimum Wage Order increases passed on
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,900 of pre-tax salary, significantly increasing your take home pay
- Additional superannuation salary sacrifice.
- Flexi time
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave
- 3 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- Additional day of leave between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual training budget and employer sponsored professional development
- Quarterly performance and development planning
- Project, secondment and higher duties opportunities
- AHI (Australasian Housing Institute) corporate membership.
- Confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program, Access EAP
- Flexible Work Policy to help you manage family responsibilities and other personal obligations
- Annual company-sponsored flu shots
- Weekly fresh fruit delivered to the office
- REDII points employee recognition rewards
- Employee of the Month Award
- Wellbeing Working Group
- Annual Team planning day
- Recognition & celebration of birthdays, anniversaries and other special events.
All CWH employee benefits and rewards come with associated policies and conditions.