Aboriginal Liaison Officer
We are looking for an Aboriginal Liaison Officer
We are seeking an Aboriginal Liaison Officer (4 days a week) for a 12-month contract to improve social, cultural and economic outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents within our communities, through identifying and engaging with these communities, local networks and service providers and supporting the implementation of City West Housing’s Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
NOTE: This is a temporary position for 12 months with an opportunity for extension.
- You have experience working closely with First Nations community organisations and establishing meaningful partnerships
- You are results driven and comfortable working independently and
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills and understand how to build relationships that deliver value to all parties
- You are a persuasive communicator and comfortable presenting to executive level and large groups
- Provide cultural insight and build cultural awareness across the CWH team through actively engaging with colleagues and sharing knowledge.
- Identify and develop local partnerships to generate direct social, economic and cultural outcomes for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents.
- Design, develop and implement initiatives to support CWH’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents.
- Monitor and report on performance within areas of responsibility, including priority initiatives under CWH’s Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Work collaboratively across the business to ensure collaborative and sustainable approaches to engagement with CWH’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents to support increased, resident satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with organisational legal and statutory requirements along with best practice and general duty of care.
Application closing date: COB Friday 5 November 2021
How to apply
To find out more information see the Aboriginal Liaison Officer – Position Description and please contact René McKenzie-Low on E: email@example.com M: 0447 164 468 W: www.citywesthousing.org.au
To apply for the role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org