Our staff are City West Housing’s most important asset. We work together to make a real difference to people who are disadvantaged in the housing market.
City West Housing is a great place to work: it’s a fun, supportive culture with an approachable management team. We offer a range of employee benefits and will support your professional development.
We have a modern, spacious office located in Pyrmont close to buses, the light rail and a 10-minute walk from Darling Harbour. View our location.
Our team is growing as we source and secure more development and program opportunities. Learn more about Current Positions Available by clicking below heading.
There are currently no positions available.
“Everybody working at City West Housing cares about our mission and is focused on taking the stress out of housing for our residents. Our housing helps real people live in the city close to services, amenities and employment opportunities.”
Elizabeth, Development Team
“We’re a small organisation making big changes in people’s lives every day. Our office is a lovely open space in a great inner-city location that’s really accessible.”
Cosmina, Assets Team
“I didn’t know about affordable housing until I came to work here but I grew up in public housing so I knew there was a real need. I love the culture here and I want to progress my career internally.”
Perry, Housing Team
“For me, the job satisfaction is far greater in the community sector than in the corporate world. Even though it can be very busy, the team is always supportive and uplifting and there is great camaraderie.”
Andrea, Operations Team
“I feel I work in a team and in a company that supports my growth. I have the flexibility to be creative, to make programs my own, to invest my passion in them, and to deliver great outcomes for our residents.”
Alanna, Communities & Operations Teams
“I feel like I’m valued here and asked to contribute to some very important projects which has helped to support my career development. Now that I have a young child, City West Housing gives me the flexibility I need to be a good mother as well as a good employee.”
Ramya, Finance Team
- Annual salary reviews
- All National Minimum Wage Order increases passed on
- Salary sacrifice up to $15,900 of pre-tax salary, significantly increasing your take home pay
- Additional superannuation salary sacrifice.
- Flexi time
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave
- 3 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- Additional day of leave between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual training budget and employer sponsored professional development
- Quarterly performance and development planning
- Project, secondment and higher duties opportunities
- AHI (Australasian Housing Institute) corporate membership.
- Confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program, Access EAP
- Flexible Work Policy to help you manage family responsibilities and other personal obligations
- Annual company-sponsored flu shots
- Weekly fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Dog friendly office
- Free individual GoGet membership with low usage rates.
- REDII points employee recognition rewards
- Employee of the Month Award
- Wellbeing Working Group
- Annual Team planning day
- Recognition and celebration of birthdays, anniversaries and other special events.
All CWH employee benefits and rewards come with associated policies and conditions.