Since our last update about measures we are taking in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, City West Housing (CWH) has implemented a number of additional measures designed to help ensure the safety of our staff and resident communities, including the elderly and other vulnerable groups.
CWH is officially registered as a COVID Safe business. This means we have created a COVID-19 Safety Plan to help protect our staff and office visitors as we get back to business. This plan will ensure that we as a business are meeting our obligations under the COVID Safe rules, specific to our industry and the nature of our work.
On 10th August we moved to our new office but with the following changes that will ensure the safety of staff and residents when we formally re open the office:
- We have installed a plastic screen at reception
- We have minimised touch points throughout the office including providing an automatic entry door and automatic hand sanitiser station for visitors
- We continue to support our staff to work from home. If someone in the office is suspected of or tests positive for COVID-19 we will follow the Safe Work Australia guidelines for dealing with COVID-19 in the workplace
In our apartment buildings, we:
- Have maintained twice weekly cleaning of common areas, with particular attention paid to areas with high human contact (lifts, common area door handles and handrails)
- Have placed signs near and in the lifts requesting riders only share lifts with one other person residing outside their household (as a reminder, members of the same household are exempt from this rule)
- Continue to require contractors to contact residents before attending premises
CWH has also:
- Introduced online tenancy sign-ups for new residents who want to use them
- Postponed property inspections until further notice
- Made it easier for residents to complete a rent review
CWH has followed all NSW guidelines and will continue to adhere to government guidelines for keeping residents safe and healthy.
If you haven’t done so yet, please download and keep open the COVIDSafe app. This helps contact tracing efforts if you were exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
Please remember, if you’re feeling unwell begin self-isolating immediately, get a COVID-19 test and inform us if you or an immediate member of your family have tested positive for COVID-19.
Your health and safety is always our top priority.
CWH can help connect you to support services who can provide assistance with energy bills, food or to help you manage any mental health issues.
If we can assist in any other way, please let us know.
Chief Executive Officer