We’ve moved office! – Suite G01, Building B, 33-35 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009

Our new postal address is PO Box 141, Pyrmont NSW 2009

Ending a Tenancy


The amount of notice you need to give us depends on when you signed your lease and if you are leaving to join another social housing provider. If you are in the first six months of your tenancy or if you are leaving to join another social housing provider then you are only required to give 14 days notice to CWH. If however you are past six months since the start of your tenancy and are leaving to buy your own home or to rent privately then you need to give 21 days notice to CWH.

If you do not give notice and there are no exceptional circumstances you will be charged rent until the end of the 21 day period.

Once you give your notice we will try to arrange a time to do a pre-vacate inspection. Following this, you will get a list of items to address before you vacate your unit. At the final property inspection a report will be completed and any rent and/or water owing up to the end of the tenancy are sent to you in writing.

If CWH decides to recover any outstanding charges from the bond you will be told in writing and asked to sign a bond form. The bond form will be forwarded by CWH to the Rental Bond Board.

Check Your Eligibility