City West Housing’s (CWH) priority is the health and safety of our residents. As lockdown continues, the team at CWH would like to provide you some reassurances about how we are responding to COVID-19 and how we can support you.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, please let us know if you need anything such as food, medication, support, or a friendly voice on the end of the phone. Please be reassured all your information will be kept confidential.
- Should your building be put in lockdown by NSW Health through a Public Health Order, and we know this will be a last resort, we will work closely with the Department of Communities and Justice and other government agencies to make sure you have what you need including food, medication and other essential supplies.
- If your income has been affected by COVID, please let us know and we can adjust your rent accordingly.
- While CWH had put some repair services on hold in the past couple of weeks, we will be reinstating some other repair work based on the latest advice from the NSW Government. This will include some non-urgent works such as planned maintenance in common areas of buildings and upgrades of vacant apartments to allow them to be re tenanted.
- Any maintenance works that goes ahead will be contactless, with contractors asked to sign in via the newly installed QR Codes in our buildings. They will be required to wear suitable protective clothing including masks and will not travel in lifts with residents. In addition, we are not using any tradespeople who live in restricted LGAs to carry out work.
- If you have pets, RSPCA have put together a check list with some basic advice to help you prepare for an emergency including if you need to go into hospital. You can find more information HERE .
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you to follow all NSW Government COVID-19 restrictions including wearing masks in all common areas, limiting numbers in lifts and maintaining a 1.5 metre distance from each other. You can find more information about ways to reduce the spread and protect yourself and those who are most at risk HERE and via the links provided at the bottom of this webpage.
And finally, please stay safe, take care of each other and let us know if there is any way we can support you.
Chief Executive Officer
* If you need help understanding this communication, please call our office on 8584 7500.
For more information about COVID-19, visit or call:
- NSW Health – health.nsw.gov.au
- Australian Government Department of Health – https://www.health.gov.au/
- Coronavirus Health Information Line – 1800 020 080
- COVID-19 vaccines – health.gov.au
- COVID-19 Testing Clinics
- Health Direct – 24/7 Mental Health Services